Energy Performance Certificate (E.P.C.) is an official document issued only by a Certified Energy Inspector and states the level of efficiency of a building in terms of energy consumption. An E.P.C. classifies a building into classes based on its energy efficiency (on a 9 grade scale, ranging from A + to H).
The Energy Performance Certificate (E.P.C.) applies to all properties over 50 sq.m. -completed or under construction- and is required:
- In leasing a building or part of it.
- In selling a building or part of it.
- Following completion of every new building or a major refurbishment.
- For owners wishing to apply for integration of residential buildings into the “Home Savings program”.
- To benefit 50% of the total fine to be paid in accordance with the law regarding unauthorized structures, through energy efficiency upgrading of the building.
The documents required for issuing the Energy Performance Certificate (E.P.C.) are the following:
- Planning and Building permit for buildings constructed after March 14, 1983
- Architectural plan of the building
- Full details of the owner/s of the building
- Title deed
- Land register data from the Hellenic Cadaster authority
- Boiler Maintenance Sheet
- Air conditioning Maintenance Sheet (for industrial property)
- Topographic survey
- Electromechanical Plans and Studies
- Energy bills (Hellenic Public Power Corporation [DEI], property charges)
- Air conditioning cooling power
With its Certified Energy Inspectors, MG PAPADOMARKAKIS
engineering firm undertakes the drawing up of the relevant study, the classification of the building in the corresponding energy class (depending on its energy consumption), the collection of all the above mentioned supporting documents for the issue of the Energy Performance Certificate (E.P.C.)
. Furthermore, we draw up and provide energy upgrading consultative recommendations, offering you the chance to carry out all the appropriate developments, so as to deliver the anticipated added value to your property.